Saturday, January 28, 2006

road trip?

That's what the ride to work felt like yesterday...I took the bus.  I had to be there for 3:45, so I had to leave at...12:30??  Yup--that's about how long it takes when you do public transportation.  Mind you, in a car it takes about 20 minutes.  I was so bored, I actually wrote down all the little dot-on-the-map towns I went through.  Let's see...Scranton, Moosic, Avoca, Dupont, Hughestown, Pittston Township, Pittston City (yes, there's a difference), *new bus* West Pittston, Exeter, Wyoming, Forty Fort, Kingston, and finally, Wilkes-Barre.  Like I said, I was bored.

When I finally got to work, I was exhausted, and my butt hurt.  I perked right up however, when I saw the new schedule...I got the shifts I wanted!!  The day flew by after that.

Then it came time to go home...another adventure.  I had to run/walk about 5 blocks in 15 minutes to get to the bus station for midnight, when the Greyhound comes (yes, a Greyhound bus goes between the cities--but not that often, and it's expensive).  I get there, and Complainer Guy from work was there waiting for it too.  Long story short, bus was 20 minutes late, and Complainer Guy was bitching the whole time.  Actually, I can't really talk about Complainer...if it wasn't for him, I would've had to shell out the $6.50 for the bus ticket (he had extra ones), and I would've had to walk home from the bus station at almost 1am (his friend, who was waiting at the bus station, gave me a ride home too).  Don't get me wrong--he's a nice guy, but he's somewhat bitter about the world.  I guess you have to take the good with the bad...lol.

So that was my Thursday...I didn't get to write about it until now because I had a bad day today, starting at midnight...as you can see.  It got worse as the day went on...I'll write more later, after I get some sleep.

til next time...

1 comment:

  1. wow, you spent longer getting to and from work then actually working, it seems like. Glad you got the shifts you wanted though for the new work week

    betty

    ReplyDelete