Friday, January 13, 2006

friday the 13th sucks

I should have known not to get out of bed this morning.  This is not a good day for me.  The year before Bum was born...actually a year to the day to be exact, on Friday the 13th, I crashed my car into a convenience store.  Not just any store--the one I worked at.  That should be enough for me, but no....

I took Bum to school this morning, and on the way back stopped at the store.  I had to get a few things like coffee, filters, and conditioner.  I got to the register and ran my check card.  Declined.  Huh?  My paycheck was direct deposited the night before.  Since the bank was across the street, I told the lady I'd be back in a minute to pay for the stuff.  She tried to cancel the order, but it wouldn't work.  Meanwhile, there's a line forming behind me...how embarrassing.  She eventually had to void everything individually.  So I left and went to the bank, and they basically threw their arms in the air, since they had no clue as to how that could've happened.  I withdrew money there, and got the statement back, and there wasn't as much as there was supposed to be.  I asked why, and they said I overdrafted.  WHAT THE HELL?  I was at a loss for words--I balanced my checkbook and kept accurate track (I think) of what I spend...how could this happen?  So the rest of the day, except for work, was spent trying to figure out where I (or the bank) went wrong.  I still haven't figured it out.  Grrrr.

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. hope you get it figured out. My husband has an employee that absolutely hates Friday the 13th. He tries to avoid working if at all possible and tries to stay at home "safe". At least you ventured out :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't she have just suspended the order?  This has happened to me a couple of times as a cashier and I try to be as quiet about it as possible.  I am so sorry you had a bad day. I hope you find your mistake or better yet, maybe the bank made an error and they will double your deposit.  I have direct deposit too and I hate it.  Last week when I called tosee what the amount of the deposit was the moron book keeping department gave me my balance instead of the deposit amount.  I applied at this bank and they treated me like I was a retard and said that it was a hard job to learn and being a waitress is night and day to being a teller.  I will have them know that I have more education than some of their tellers.  Sorry this has turned into a rant in your comment section. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope itworks out goodluck

    ReplyDelete