Tuesday, January 17, 2006

new digs

I just got home from work not too long ago.  I'm not used to being at work this late anymore.  I know you're wondering--how was it?  A little strange, a little different, but okay.  I got a ride from a co-worker, Matt.  He's really cool...he was in the same training class as me.  So our schedules are pretty much identical.  There was another guy riding with us, John.  He's a piece of work, let me tell you.  He does not see the positive in ANYTHING.  You see, pretty much the whole way down there (which was about a 25 minute drive), all he did was complain.  Drove me nuts, but I was nice and didn't say anything.  Walking from the garage to the building, he complained.  Oy.

It's kind of nice there...all the people are nice--our trainer, Bonnie, was awesome.  Since we knew most of the stuff, we flew through the training.  The hard part of the transition is the keyboard--it's different from the one we were used to.  Some things weren't in the same place, some things were bass ackwards, and so on.

For lunch, they even bought us food!  They had subs and chips and pretzels and cake for us!  And they decorated with banners too!  It was cool.

After lunch, we went online, taking calls.  Not bad, although I think I screwed up a few times, but that happens with having new features, different kinds of calls, etc.  Then on my last break, yet another bomb was dropped--Matt might have a new job at Bank of America (I know what you're thinking...stupid ads!).  I was thinking about getting a job there too, but with no transportation, no go.  Anyhoo, the day was over, and John the Complainer got a ride from someone else, and Matt and I had a story filled ride home, laughing most of the way. 

In short, I guess you can say it was a fairly good day, and despite what I'd heard about the new office, it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be.  Woohoo.

til next time...=)

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great first day! I'm not sure why there seems to be one complainer in every group of people; thankfully for you, you only had him for one way of your commute. Hoping today goes well too :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete