Sunday, November 6, 2005

back to work

My vacation's over as of tomorrow...boohoo.  Why do they always have to go by so fast?  I wish I can take a permanent vacation--or at least a month.  Oh well.  At least I got paid for it.  And I did virtually nothing.  I mean it--I pretty much sat on my butt and vegged.  Tomorrow--back to hell with fluorescent lighting.

Today I got some stuff done outside, since it was about 70 and sunny here.  I whacked the grass...only because that's the only thing the landlord gave us to do the lawn.  Yay.  As I was doing that, the kids took the rakes and started with the leaves.  Finally they're starting to change colors and fall (the leaves, not the kids).  Anyhoo, after I raked up what I cut, I started to clean up the kids' little "woods" area--about a 30 square-foot patch of trees and whatnot--so they wouldn't get hurt while playing over there.  That was fun...rearranging the furniture (which was already there, but that's another story), cleaning up the leaves and garbage, making a "fireplace" out of the rocks, etc.  I did that for about 2 hours.  My back hurts now.  Ow.  Do I really have to go tomorrow?

Tomorrow's also the parent-teacher conferences at school.  Looking forward to those (notice the hint of sarcasm).  Little Guy (from now on, I'm gonna refer to him as Home Fry, since that's what I've been calling him lately) has no school all week, and Bum has 3 days of school, but gets out at 11am...what a waste.  So imagine the fun we're going to have...(again, sarcasm).

til next time...=)

by the way, if anyone knows who's doing the little vivi icons for the sidebar, let me know. =D

6 comments:

  1. Awww ... see you make their wooded area fun and you made them that Igloo last year!!!

    I remember that igloo ... I saw that you were one of those cool moms and I just knew I would adore you. From then on I have been reading.

    Don't ask why, but I am getting chocked up ... that's weird huh? : x

    Hugs
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO...hell with fluorescent lighting.  I never went back well after a vacation either. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, I think it is Greg (GoldenChild?) who is doing the Vivi Award logos.  That is what I believe Patrick said.  But he said that Greg did not have them finished yet.  I am sure Patrick will get in touch with you.  Or maybe you could get in touch with Patrick if you need to for something.

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you know a teacher, bring her to the Parent Conference with you as an advocate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that feeling....I hate to go back to work after a weekend let along a vacation....LOL...just read a comment about an "igloo"?  Now, how cute is that...my kids would have abandoned me for your house.......chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vacations really do go so fast. Wish I could get "work time" to pass like that...


    The icons will be available in that private journal that Patrick sent us.

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete