Saturday, November 19, 2005

my college year...pt. 3

Wow...we're only up to Thanksgiving...this is going to be longer than I thought...lol

After the whole roommate switch, things got soooo much easier for me.  Our room was soooo decorated for Christmas...people came to our room just to check it out!  I started going home to Vet's house on the weekends, and man, was it fun!  We'd hop a ride with one of our dorm mates, Laurel, who went home to Aliquippa every weekend--she was married, had to stay on campus, went home on the weekend to be with him.  So that was cool.

The first weekend I went, I played matchmaker.  You see, Vet worked at Subway, and this guy, Steve, used to come in all the time.  She liked him, but wouldn't ask him out...so when I went there, I did it for her.  And he said yup.  So Vet, Steve, me, and Steve's friend Kevin spent the night out, drinking and what-not.  Eventually me and Kevin hooked up...=)  After that, I went out there almost every weekend.

Back at school, things were going ok, I guess.  Finals went alright, then it was Christmas Break.  I had to take the bus home...4 hours on a bus is NOT my idea of fun.  But with all the credit cards I had at the time (you know, they bombard you with them in college), I had a car waiting at home for me.  I bought it via my Discover card via Western Union.  I wired the money to my sis, and she paid for the car.  Something else that was waiting for me when I got home...my mom was in the hospital--again.  This time for pancreatitis, whatever that is.  So after sis picked me up at the bus station, we got my car, then I went to the hospital to see her.  She looked good, for being in the hospital and all.  It's not like I hadn't seen her there before--for the previous 5 years, she was in and out of the hospital for some reason or another.  After that, I did some shopping with my friend Angel, then went to her boyfriend's house in the country to drop him off.  On the way home, it started to sleet.  Long story short, me, Angel and the car ended up in a field due to black ice and my inability to drive on it. 

Two days later, I get a check in the mail--my dad's lump sum Social Security check--about $7,000!!!  Merry Christmas to me!!  I was the only one who was under 18 at the time he got approved for retirement benefits, and he died about 2 weeks after that.  So guess who benefited?  LMAO at my dad.  And imagine--this check came about a week before Christmas...can we say SHOPPING SPREE???  Both me and sis blew through that money like two kids in a candy store.  I can't even remember what I got.  Really.  Christmas was awesome...that's all I can say.  That was also the last time I saw my mom alive.  Two days later she passed away.  I guess it was a sign that the day before, I was on my way to Vet's house, and the car broke down a 1/2 hour into the trip, and I had to turn around and come home.  When it came time for the will, I was named executrix of the (little) estate.  I couldn't do it...I told my sister to.  I left the day after the funeral...and went to Vet's house.  It was my way of escaping the mood at home...I just couldn't deal with it.  I got high almost every day while I was there.  Then the car broke down...again...and again...and again.  We got back to school about a week late due to the car...oops.  And that's my school story.  I know what you're thinking--where's the second semester?  I didn't really go then...just had too much to deal with.

coming soon...the Pittsburgh chronicles...lol

til next time...=)

2 comments:

  1. ugh I am sorry hunnie, what a first semester! I am at least glad you got a good ole Christmas.

    Hugs

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie...are you from Pittsburgh?  That's where I live.......chris

    ReplyDelete