Wednesday, November 16, 2005

moving again?

Well, I just don't know.  Not my journal...my house.  About two months ago, I wrote an entry about the girl downstairs and how she likes to play her music loud at all hours of the day and night...sometimes loud enough for us to hear it word for word up here.  Anyway, about 3 weeks ago I finally wrote a letter to my landlord telling him I was holding the rent until he put a stop to it.  Yesterday, I get a letter back from him, saying that if we didn't pay him by yesterday (yeah, the damn thing got lost in the mail), he was going to take legal action.  OK then!  So I called him (got the long distance turned back on for this...it was worth it) and reiterated what I had said in the letter.  His response?  He won't try to evict her, only because it'll take too long, since she's on Section 8.  PUH-LEEZE!  But he'll gladly take us to the magistrate for it.  So what do you think I'm gonna do??  Dammit, I put too much into this damn apartment for him to think he's gonna take it away just like that...I'm gonna fight his ass.  I sent an e-mail to a lawyer today, I'm calling the same lawyer tomorrow...to talk about opening an escrow account.  The same lawyer is the one who told me I can break my lease for the music thing...it falls under things he won't fix.  So I think I just might be able to beat this SOB at his own game...BRING IT ON!!!

til next time...=)

4 comments:

  1. Woot go Annie go Annie go! LOL

    Girl you rock my flip flops. Show him what you working with!

    20 dolla make him Holla! LMAO

    Hugs
    Brandi :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl....bring it on loud and strong....you got rights, too....chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right!!!  you go girl!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with it---what an annoyance; can't people realize and do the decent thing when living in so close proximity to others?

    betty

    ReplyDelete