Friday, November 4, 2005

theodore e. bear...

...aka Teddy has come to stay with us for the weekend.  It's better than staying at school, I guess.  Actually, he is here, and it's part of a project in Joey's class.  He came with some books (with bears in them, of course), a nightgown, bib, blanket, and some other stuff.  Each Friday, one of the kids will bring Teddy home, take care of him, and then take him back to school on Monday.  And there's a journal for him too, so you can tell what you did with him.  We're the first ones to have him!  So far, he's been to the store, Verizon, the library, and he helped sing Happy Birthday to Dad.  As far as the rest of the weekend, who knows...the kids almost went to Niagara Falls tomorrow (but Grandma changed her mind).  I dunno...I'm just excited, because we get to set the standard for the journal...lmao...that's going to be fun.  Hopefully I get a pic of Teddy posted in the near future.

til next time...=)

1 comment:

  1. At the age of 8 or 9 I kept our class pet, Thumper, for the weekend.  Things got off to a frightening start when I realized I'd been carrying her around the house Friday evening allowing her to leave a trail of . . .  anyway, Saturday morning I was carrying her in a baby blanket and my father asked to unwrap this little Thumper burrito (notice the FOOD reference) so he could have a look and I thought he was eyeing pots on the kitchen counter and then cocking his head and checking out Thumper's dimensions . . .  I immediately asked my mom if Thumper and I could HOP over and spend the remainder of the weekend at my best friend's place.  She had a couple of rabbits.  I still wonder if I didn't save Thumper from a fate worse than FATAL ATTRACTION!

    ReplyDelete