Thursday, November 17, 2005

i'm thankful for...

Weekend Assignment #86: Who are you thankful for -- who you won't be able to spend this Thanksgiving with?  This is a chance to tell us about the people you care about who will be far away from you this holiday, or who have passed on but remain inyour heart.

Extra Credit: Pumpkin pie vs. pecan pie -- which do you choose for Thanksgiving dessert?

Here's two people I wish could be here with me this Thanksgiving...

--Me and my mom...1995 (I know it's not the best pic, but it's all I had.)

I miss her terribly, and I wish she could be here to play with the kids...she would love themShe was goofy, and they'd get a kick out of her.

This is my sister, Phyllis...she passed on back in 1990, to her own personal battles.  I didn't even get to say goodbye...I was 13.  I miss her dearly...if only she was here...

As for the extra credit, pumpkin's my favorite--with loads of cool whip on it.  Unfortunately, I can't compare it to pecan...never had it.  I know, I'm missing out.

til next time...=)

7 comments:

  1. I miss my mom terribly at this time of year,too.  Wish she could have stayed a little longer.  Blessings, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family is nice, isn't it?

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry but honey they are with you in spririt!!!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most rural dinettes offer pecan pie, especially in winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though they may be gone, the will always be with you.

    Pecan pie... oh dear... you are indeed missing out!

    Thanks for stopin' buy my j, thought I would also pay you a visit.

    Take care,

    Amanda :)
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice tribute to your mom and sister; I'm sorry for your loss.

    Pumpkin pie for me!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about the loss of your sister and your mom, can't even imagine what that must have been like for you.  Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a long life to spend with you kids.

    Marlene-PurelyPoetry

    http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry

    ReplyDelete