Saturday, November 19, 2005

my college year...pt. 1

Flashback time! I know this is going to end up being more than one entry...

I knew what I wanted to go to school for since I was 15, when I had a summer job doing landscaping.  I applied at a few colleges, but I really wanted to go to Penn State. When I found out I was accepted at PSU, I was soooo excited.  My mom even called me at school to tell me.  My major was Landscape Architecture, something that wasn't available at the local campus, so I had to go to the main campus for my freshman year.  I was never really away from home like that before, so that part of it came with mixed emotions, especially since I didn't have a car to come home on the weekends.  At one point, I even said I didn't want to go...maybe take a year off.  But Mom talked me into going, and there I went.  Over the summer, I talked to my future roommate on the phone, and she seemed cool.  Her name was Jessika (no name protecting here), and she was from New Jersey.  I forgot what she was going for...probably something along the lines of film...she was in some plays at her high school.  But anyhoo, finally the day came for me to go...

Let me tell you, it was nothing like I imagined...I, for the most part, hated it.  Jessika turned out to be a total stuck-up bitch, who I could not even stand to share a room with.  Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of people I absolutely loved down there...she was not one of them.  When she went home for a weekend, she came back and accused me of stealing stuff from her--police were involved and all.  I came close to breaking down and everything...

ok...time for a break...

til next time...=)

2 comments:

  1. I hate stuck up bitches!!!    hate um hate um..    

    Glad you met Vet and was about to enjoy her as your roommate.

    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you went thru a horrible time, being accused of stealing and all.

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete