Tuesday, November 8, 2005

shock, awe, and work

Let's see...how did my day go?  Let me explain, and you can draw your own conclusions...

Like I've been saying, today was the parent/ teacher conferences at school.  What we heard was the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I/we were thinking.  Home Fry's was first...we've talked to his teacher before, but we got details today--he's not doing as good as he could be (or as we thought he was doing).  She said something about because he's a boy, his learning skills are slower.  Now don't get me wrong--she said for not having any preschool, he's doing good.  She said it would be good to help him along with stuff...it'll help him and his teachers for the rest of the year.  That and the 1st grade teachers in this school are TOUGH.  And strict.  So at least she's giving us a heads up.  On a good note, though, she liked how I did the Teddy project--she said I set the bar up pretty high...lol.

After that was Bum's turn.  Her teacher is cool too.  The first thing she did was show us her report card...OMG--the lowest grade she had was a B.  WOW!  Her teacher told us she has a problem not paying attention in class--instead she's talking to her friends (now that doesn't surprise me).  What surprised me more was the fact that she's not in remedial reading like she was last year...and she's still getting these grades!!!  Both me and Joey were impressed...we both told her "it must be the teacher".  The teacher gave herself a pat on the back, and we told her she deserved it.  She's a young teacher, and she likes to make the learning fun, so that's good.  I'm ecstatic about what I've learned today.  My doubts are gone.  =)

As far as work...well, what can I say?  It was WORK...duh.  And to think...I have tomorrow (well, actually today) off.  Can you believe this?  This sucks!!!  Oh well.

til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment