Wednesday, November 23, 2005

brrrr and grrrr

Frostbite sucks.  Or at least I can imagine it does.  I was standing outside for only about 10 minutes and my nose and fingers are numb.  That's how cold it is outside...it's 29 degrees, but it feels so much colder.  It was 19 when I woke up this morning (7am).  My ears were hurting when I took Bum to school this morning.  One word--BRRRRR.  They're calling for 1-3" of snow for tomorrow.  I want summer back.

Now we're trying to figure out how we're going to put the outdoor Christmas lights this year...new house, new configuration.  And it's not easy--we're working with less than half the space we had last year (we had a whole duplex porch then).  You know it's a pain in the butt when I have to draw it out on paper before anything gets hung...lol.  Grrrr.

I didn't tell you about yesterday--Bum was blown over--literally.  Joey told me about the strong winds blowing through yesterday, and when they were walking home from school, Bum got knocked over by the wind.  She got a little scratch on her leg (she was wearing a skirt), but I think her ego was hurt more, since there were classmates standing around when it happened.  lmao.

By the way, everything went good at the feast today.  Joey had to help me carry the food over, then he left.  It was so cute, with them in their little pilgrim costumes made out of paper bags and construction paper.  I got to wear a hat, too...when I get the pics, I'll be sure to post them.  Of course, there were compliments about the food, especially the tatos and turkey...I told Joey when we got home.  He had a BIG smile on his face.  He said he should have stayed.

til next time...=)

2 comments:

  1. Ditto to Brrrrr...as you know, the snow is falling in Pgh and headed your way...I hate cold and snow and would glady trade this for summer.....chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's freezing here too.  It is snowing right now John says. He just went out to take out the trash.  Are you getting snow also?

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete