Monday, December 5, 2005

my day, part 3


Okay...hopefully I can finish my story in this one.

Joey said he would talk to "owner" (I still don't know his name) after he took Home Fry to school.  He also called the local magistrate to see if he could keep the money we gave him (they said NO).  We also thought about putting a "stop payment" on the check I wrote, since it hadn't cleared yet.  So I went to work, and I told him I would call him on my break to find out what was happening.  When I did call, there was nothing going on--owner left for the day.  I hung up with Joey, and my next phone call was to the bank...I'd rather lose $25 (the stop payment fee) than lose $200.  I know I wouldn't be actually losing it, but we need it now to pay the rent here.


As soon as I hang up the phone, the phone rings again...it's the bank calling back, saying they're having a problem with the stop payment.  They need to know who the check is made out to...I tell them I don't know, since I didn't write his name in or anything.  I wrote the check out, leaving the name blank, and gave it to Joey to give to owner.  So they were like ok, we'll see what we can do.  So I went back to work, thinking everything was okey dokey.  I thought wrong.  I was taking calls for about 5 minutes, and someone comes in with a message saying that the bank called, and they need for me to call them back.  What?  So I took a pee break and called them back--they told me they really couldn't do it without knowing who it was made out to.  HUH?  You know the check number, what more do you need?  So I told them to forget it, and went back to work.

damn...part 4 in a few.

til next time...=)

No comments:

Post a Comment