Friday, December 9, 2005

snow day

                                     

--photo courtesy of here

As I wrote yesterday, I bought the kids an early Christmas present, which REALLY came in handy today--we got 7 inches of the white stuff.  It wasn't the good stuff though--it was the flimsy snow--so as I said before, no igloos yet.  I was up at 6am, since I had a weird dream of cats chasing me, but that's another story.  I looked out the window, and that stuff was coming DOWN!  I think it was coming down at the rate of an inch an hour.  I started to watch tv, since at that point, I knew they at least had a 1 1/2 hour delay.  I tried going back to sleep on the couch, with no luck.  So around 7, I decided to stay up, make some coffee, have a smoke, and start making a path to the street.  As I was outside, Bum greeted me at the door.  She was surprised when she looked outside...the first real snowfall of the year. 

I didn't finish the walk til later--instead I went back in to see if the school situation changed.  You know, I hate it when you're looking for your school district, and you just missed it because you walked into the room about 15 seconds too late.  So you have to sit there and wait about 20 minutes for the little thing on the bottom of the screen to go back through all the other schools, in alphabetical order.  It feels like forever!  Eventually, it made it back to Scranton School District, and below it said the magic word...CLOSED.  Snow day!  Three day weekend!  WOOHOO!!

After that, I went and finished sweeping the sidewalk...then we decided it was time to test out the new toys.  And of course, I was the guinea pig.  Now keep in mind, we don't have to go very far for the hill--it's literally outside our front door.  All went well, and the kids just went nuts.  Unfortunately, Bum broke her little saucer a bit, but it still goes awesome.  We were out there for about an hour...then I had to go to work.  When I got home, we went out again...the Christmas lights on the house kept it well lit out there.  We just came in an hour ago, and the kids are in bed already.  Today was a fun day!

til next time...=)

2 comments:

  1. I'm more than happy to cheerfully pass the snow onto you in eastern Pa.  We were spared this time.  Sorry you couldn't do one of those cute igloos.  Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it would snow here....sounds like loads of fun. Barbara

    ReplyDelete