Monday, December 26, 2005

the rest of the holiday

Hope everyone had a good holiday...no--Christmas.  Ours was good...after I wrote the entry yesterday, we went up to the in-laws' house.  We were there the majority of the day--we didn't get home until about midnight.  We opened some presents, ate some food, and fun was had by all.  All the family gathers there for the holidays, and yesterday was no exception.  Joey's always-complaining-about-something aunt was there, and she told us the reason it was raining (yup, we had a little bit of a green Christmas) was because we sent her a Christmas card in the mail.  The Thanksgiving twit was there, only she wasn't so much of a twit this time around.  The rest of his cousins were there, too, making it interesting at the house. 

His one brother brought his 4-year-old daughter, who in my book is very ungrateful.  When Grandma gave her presents, she said she didn't want them.  When Joey's cousin gave her a Cabbage Patch Kid, she said the same thing.  (Of course, Bum spoke up and said she'd take it..lol.)  She doesn't talk to anyone, sometimes not even her dad.  She lives with her mom, and who knows what she's putting into that little girl's head.  She might be my niece, but I won't get her anything anymore...last year she did that to what we brought for her...she tossed it aside, with no thank you, no nothing.  My kids NEVER did that--they were taught better.

Anyway, towards the end of the night, Joey and I were watching TV, and one of his cousins brings me a picture of Joey when he was little...oh my god--Home Fry looks just like him--blond hair and all.  That was it--we all (with the exception of Joey...he hates his pic taken, therefore he hates when people look at pics of him too) were going through his mom's collection of photos.  We were all laughing at some of them...they were from the 80s and earlier...too funny.  I also found a few of the kids I'm gonna get scanned.  No pics of Joey, though...he would kick my butt if I did that..lol.

So now the kids stayed at Grandma's house, and we're left to clean the mess left here.  I'm not kidding--it looks like a toy cyclone hit our living room.  Fun.

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. My kids were never ungreatful either.  I would have gone off!   I always have told my girls...  Even if you already have it.. smile and say thank you.    :  )

    Glad you had a nice Christmas
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great Christmas!!!! Barbara

    ReplyDelete