Friday, December 16, 2005

wah wah wah

I'll admit it--I was a whiney baby last night.  As you all probably know, we got some snow here last night.  I was at work when it started falling, and I wanted to get out early.  That way I could go over to the mall and get a gift for Home Fry's school gift exchange, and still make the 8:00 bus.  And they were letting people go home.  So I signed up, and you know what--I was passed over!  Meaning they forgot about me and went to the next person on the list, who got to go home at 4:45.  How rude!  Anyway, as you can see I wasn't too happy about that.  So I asked one of my friends if they could give me a ride home, because I hadn't called for the bus, and I would have to wait until 9 for the next one.  Her hubby said no, because the roads were bad.  Oh well.  Then, around 7, someone else got to go home early.  I was like, WHAT THE HELL?  They told me they only had "e-time" until 7:45, not 8:00.  That set me off...to the point of silent tears.  I was pissed.  Long story short, I stayed until 8, not happy the whole time.  (I know I probably blew the situation out of proportion, but for some reason, my emotions are on the fritz.)

After work, I tried to run the two blocks to the bus stop, only to see the bus driving away.  Oh well, I thought, I guess I can make the most of it by going to get his gift for school.  So I went over the mall, and I found this little Crayola playdoh thingy, and it was only $4, so I got it.  I had some extra cash on me, so I decided to treat myself to a latte or something, being that I had a miserable day so far.  I got a chai, and it was good.  By this time it was about 8:30, so I decided to go out and wait for the next bus.  Outside by the bus stop, I found this nice little spot on the ground under a warm air vent, and despite it being freezing cold outside, I was nice and toasty.  As I waited, there was a truck driver whose truck had broken down, and we started a conversation...it was cool.  I felt bad for him, since he still had a way to go, but with the weather (snow, sleet, freezing rain), he wasn't really going anywhere.  Before you know it, he was leaving, and the bus came.  Woohoo!  And that was my day.

til next time...=)

No comments:

Post a Comment